This directive became effective by University Senate with the date 10.08.2018 and number 11.
YOZGAT BOZOK UNIVERSITY
DIRECTIVE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICATIONS, ADMISSIONS AND REGISTRATIONS
Aim, Scope, Basis and Definition of the Terms
Article 1-(1) The aim of this directive is to regulate the principles that govern the procedures concerning international graduate students’ applications, admissions and registrations to graduate programs of Yozgat Bozok University.
Article 2-(1) This directive comprises provisions concerning international students’ applications, admissions and registrations to graduate programs of Yozgat Bozok University.
Article 3-(1) This directive has been prepared on the basis of Article 14/f of the Higher Education Law No. 6287 and Provisions related to the admission of the International Students determined by the Presidency of the Board of Higher Education dated 11.04.2012 and published in Official Journal.
Article 4-(1) in this directive;
(a) Candidate: refers to Turkish or foreign candidate who is accepted to the programs affiliated to Yozgat Bozok University in accordance with the principles of this directive and completes all secondary education abroad,
(b) BOZOK TÖMER: refers to Yozgat Bozok University Turkish Language Teaching Application and Research Center,
(c) Faculty: refers to faculties of Yozgat Bozok University,
(d) Committee: refers to Yozgat Bozok University foreign students' Evaluation Committee,
(e) Vocational School: refers to vocational schools of Yozgat Bozok University,
(f) Directorate of Student Affairs: refers to Directorate of Student Affairs of Yozgat Bozok University,
(g) School: refers to schools of Yozgat Bozok University,
(h) Program: refers to Educational activities carried out according to a defined curriculum and applied for associate and graduate degrees,
(i) Rector: refers to rector of Yozgat Bozok University,
(j) Senate: refers to Senate of Yozgat Bozok University,
(k) University: refers to Yozgat Bozok University,
(l) YBÜ YOS: refers to Yozgat Bozok University Foreign Student Examination,
(m) YÖK: refers to The Council of Higher Education.
Principles of Admission to Students from Abroad
Article 5-(1) The quota allocated to associate and graduate programs for student admission abroad and special conditions are determined by the Senate decision and announced to the presidency of the Council of Higher Education by the Directorate of Student Affairs.
(2) The quota and application conditions for associate and graduate degree programs are announced on the website of YÖK and Directorate of Student Affairs.
(3) In case the quota allocated to any program is vacant, this quota can be transferred to medicine and law programs with the approval of YÖK and transferred to other programs with the decision of the Senate. It is not necessary to fill the entire quota.
(4) The quota to be accepted to associate and undergraduate programs from abroad cannot exceed 35% of the quota of the programs that the students with the central exam in the previous year.
Article 6-(1) those whose applications can be accepted are:
On the condition that they have graduated or been in the final year of high school, the candidates whose applications acceptable are:
a) Those who are foreign nationals,
b) Those who have graduated from a high school which has equivalent to Turkish high school,
c) Those who are Turkish citizens by birth, but acquired permission to leave Turkish citizenship from the Ministry of the Interior and those who certify that they have a certificate of use of recognition of rights given to the minors registered on the declaration of alienage entitled by Turkish Citizenship Law, (Due to the provision in Article 7 of 5901 numbered Turkish Citizenship Law “ (1) A child born within marriage to a mother or father with Turkish citizenship either within or outside Turkey is a Turkish citizen.”, applicants for international student admissions should examine the Turkish Citizenship laws),
ç) Those who are foreigners by birth and acquired Turkish nationality / Applicants who have dual citizenship in this way,
d) Those who are Turkish citizens but had all of their secondary education in a country other than the TRNC (including those who had all of their secondary education at a Turkish school other than in the TRNC),
e) Those holding TRNC citizenship who reside in the TRNC, have completed their secondary education in the TRNC and hold GCE-AL exam results and also those educated at colleges and high schools in a different country between the years of 2005-2010 and possess or will possess GCE-AL exam results, will be accepted.
(2) The candidates whose applications are not acceptable are:
a) those holding TRNC citizenship (except those who have completed their secondary education in the TRNC and hold GCE-AL exam results and also those educated at colleges and high schools in a different country between 2005-2010 and possess GCE-AL exam results),
b) those who are Turkish citizens and have completed all their secondary education in Turkey or the TRNC, c) those stated in article 5 subsection 1 paragraph
c) Turkish citizens by birth whose first nationality was Turkish at birth with dual nationality (except those who have completed their secondary education in a foreign country other than the TRNC and those who have completed their secondary education in a Turkish school in a foreign country other than the TRNC),
ç) those who have dual citizenship, one of which is TRNC, (except those who have completed their secondary education in the TRNC and hold GCE-AL exam results and also those educated at colleges and high schools in a different country between 2005-2010 and, being registered and educated at a high school, possess or will possess GCE-AL exam results),
d) those with Turkish citizenship who have studied in foreign schools in Turkey and schools within the structure of Embassies in Turkey or those stated in article 5 subsection 1 paragraph (c), Turkish citizens by birth with dual citizenship,
Admitted Exams/Certificates for Registration
Article 7-(1) The high school graduation and university entrance examinations and the minimum points and validity periods for admission to foreign students are stated in Annex-1.
(2) The assessment of the other exams other than the examinations mentioned in Annex-1 can be carried out by the commission.
(3) The candidates who will apply with GCE Al/ASL exams will not be accepted if they apply with an estimated score.
(4) The minimum scores of the exams and diploma grades and Science Olympiad medals in Annex 1 are determined and changed by the Senate.
Turkish Language Levels
Article 8-(1) The medium of instruction of the University is Turkish. The Turkish level of the students who apply to the departments/programs that are in Turkish and completely/partially foreign language is determined by the Turkish level determination/exemption or Turkish language proficiency (diploma) exam result to be done by the Turkish Teaching Application and Research Center of our University (Bozok TÖMER). To be successful, it is needed to get at least 70 points at C1 level.
(2) The level of Turkish knowledge required for the education of the students who have the right to register to the programs in Turkish or partially foreign language in our university is evaluated by Bozok TÖMER.
(3) Turkish proficiency levels are as follows:
A system of six different levels of content is implemented in line with the common European framework (CEF) program of the European Union.
A Language Levels:
A1: Beginner (Breakthrough)
A2: Elementary (Waystage)
B Language Levels:
B1: Intermediate (Threshold)
B2: Upper-intermediate (Vantage)
C Language Levels:
C1: Advanced (Effective Operational Proficiency)
C2: Proficiency (Mastery)
(4) For those who have a C1 Language Level Certificate, are considered to have sufficient Turkish level and can begin to study with the assessment and approval of equivalency by Bozok TÖMER.
(5) The level of Turkish knowledge required for the education of the students who have the right to register in the programs in which the language of instruction is Turkish or partially in foreign language is evaluated by Bozok TÖMER. The “teaching measurement and evaluation process” related to language courses is carried out in the criteria determined by Bozok TÖMER.
(6) The Turkish level of the students who apply to the departments/programs that are in Turkish and completely/partially foreign language is determined by the Turkish level determination/exemption or Turkish language proficiency (diploma) exam result to be done by the Turkish Teaching Application and Research Center of our University (Bozok TÖMER). To be successful, it is needed to get at least 70 points at C1 level.
(7) Students with a minimum score of 70 at C1 level can start their education in the departments/programs they have been registered. In addition, these students are obliged to take compulsory Turkish language courses together with Turkish students.
(8) The students who fail to get the grade from the Turkish language proficiency exam (diploma) or the BOZOK TÖMER Administrative Board determined by BOZOK TÖMER are accepted to the Turkish language preparatory program according to their level or they are accepted to the Turkish language proficiency programs by the relevant committees for a period of one year to complete their Turkish proficiency.
(9) If the students on leave of absence during this time are successful in BOZOK TÖMER Turkish language proficiency exam(diploma) or have equivalency from one of the exams recognized by BOZOK TOMER or s /he completed his education in the preparatory class, can start their education from in the Department/program they been registered.
(10) Students who are accepted by Bozok TÖMER and whose language certificates are approved by Bozok TÖMER are required to submit their documents to the Directorate of Student Affairs before the registration date of the academic year begins. Students who fail to submit their Turkish proficiency certificate at the end of one year will be discharged from the University.
(11) The principles of Turkish preparatory class are determined by the Bozok TÖMER administrative board.
(12) The language teaching period is not counted as the teaching period of the department to which the student is enrolled. During this period, the student is obliged to pay the course fee determined by the Bozok TOMER administrative board.
(13) The assessment and approval of the Turkish language proficiency certificates taken by the students from other institutions are done by BOZOK TÖMER. These students can make exact registration procedures.
(14) In the decisions concerning the students who are accepted to our university with scholarship programs Turkish scholarship, international scholarships etc., the rules regarding language of these scholarship programs are taken into consideration.
The Application Process and Required Documents
Article 9-(1) Applications are made by online application system according to the procedures announced on the Website of Yozgat Bozok University (www.bozok.edu.tr) in July.
(2) During the admission period of the applications, the date of the documents' access to the university is taken into consideration.
(3) Applicants may apply to quotas for those who have minimum and maximum score determined in ‘Admitted Exams/Certificates for Application’.
(4) The documents required for application, special conditions and explanations, if any, are announced on the Website of Yozgat Bozok University.
(5) Candidates may have maximum 10 (ten) preferences from the quotas announced.
(6) Preferences are made by online application system. The requested documents in the pre-registration are scanned and recorded in the system. These documents are submitted in the final enrollment.
(7) Applicants, who do not meet the conditions of application, will not be evaluated.
(8) During the Applications;
(a) Document which shows that the student has a minimum score from the examinations/certificates in ‘Admitted Exams/Certificates for Application’,
(b) Sample page/pages of the passport that show/s the identity and validity period of the passport,
(c) Certified copy of diploma or temporary graduation certificate,
(d) Transcript (students, who will apply according to their grade point average, must have a conversion table over 100 based on their countries),
(e) Diploma Equivalent Certificate (In order to be able to process the Certificate of Equivalence, the diploma must have an Apostille seal)
(f) One passport photo, which must be 4, 5x6 CM in size, color, and taken in the last six months,
(g) In order to continue the education in our country, the applicant, who submits the document proving that s/he does not have financial request from the university, that s/he is financially capable of meeting her expenses and that s/he can pay the tuition fee determined by the Senate, will be taken into consideration,
(h) Applications, which are made without approval or with incomplete document, are not admitted except for the duration of the application,
(i) The applicant may require verifying the information and documents submitted during the online application system. If it is determined that there is any discrepancy in the information and documents, the application will be invalidated even if s/he has been registered for the program.
Acceptance and Evaluation
Article 10-(1) the evaluation and placement of the candidates for the announced quotas are carried out by the commission established by the Rectorate. The university is free to fill the quotas. Providing application conditions does not require admission for placement. Applicants who do not meet the conditions of application will not be evaluated. Additional quotas may also be announced if necessary.
(2) In the evaluation of the applications, the scores of Bozok YOS, other public universities’ YOS Exam of our country, medal type, diploma grade, preference order and graduation date are taken into consideration respectively. No application can be made with YOS, International Examinations and diploma grade at the same time.
(3) Candidates applied for declared quotas are placed in accordance with the examinations and preferences mentioned in Annex-1. If the scores are equal, it is preferred to be young and then a newly graduate from secondary education. Students who are accepted to quotas announced for a program are considered to be from different countries if they have equal scores.
(4) The candidate who applies for the programs that take students with special talent test must also be successful in the special skills exam to be held for the related program.
(5) In the placement of the candidate, the placement score and the preference order of the candidate are essential. According to his score, even if he is among the candidates who have the right to register to any department from the original list, he cannot be included in the original or substitute list of another department.
(6) The candidate who is entitled to make the final registration by taking part in the quota of the program they apply for will be able to make the final registration on the dates specified in the program they have won. The candidate who does not register for a definite period of time loses his / her right to register for a definite period of time.
(7) Evaluation of the applications made to the quotas of our university and the placement of the candidates are completely under the authority of our university. Our university is free to fill the quotas. Providing the application requirements does not require admission for placement.
(8) Applications of any missing, inaccurate, or unsigned application documents are considered invalid.
(9) An alternate candidate can be determined as well as the actual candidate list.
(10) Students are registered in the alternate list instead of those who do not register for the original one.
(11) In case it is requested, an acceptance letter is sent by the Directorate of Student Affairs to the students who are admitted to the undergraduate or undergraduate programs.
Announcements of the Results and the Registration
Article 11-(1) about the evaluation results and registration procedures for applications to associate and undergraduate programs are announced on the Website of Yozgat Bozok University (www.bozok.edu.tr).
(2) A letter of acceptance is sent to the candidates who are eligible to register in the university by the Rectorate.
(3) After the announcement of the results, students, who do not report their enrollment by sending a confirmation letter, will be dismissed.
(4) Registrations are made by the Directorate of Student Affairs on the dates announced on Website of Yozgat Bozok University (www.bozok.edu.tr).
(5) The candidate, who has the right to register, will be registered by applying to the Directorate of Student Affairs personally on the dates in the announcement. No registration is made by mail or by someone other than the candidate. The candidates, who certify one of the excuses stated in the University’ Regulations of associate degree and undergraduate Education Examination, may register with the foreign representations of the Republic of Turkey or the people authorized by the power of attorney issued by the notary public of the Republic of Turkey,
(6) Applicants or incoming students may apply to the International Student Office established within the university to get information on different topics,
(7) Information about the registered students is notified to the Council of Higher Education.
(8) Students registered in associate and undergraduate programs must apply to the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management with the residence Information Form for foreign students by receiving it from the Directorate of Student Affairs within one month after the registration process has been completed.
Required Documents for Final Registration
Article 12-(1) International Student Application Form (available on the university website or International Student Office website),
(2) The original of high school diploma and an "Equivalency Certificate" taken from Turkish Embassy or Consulate in the respective countries or Turkish Republic Ministry of National Education which indicates that related high school diploma is equivalent to the Turkish high school diplomas,
(3) Transcript (students, who will apply according to their grade point average, must have a conversion table over 100 based on their countries),
(4) The original passport and a Turkish translated notarized copy,
(5) The original of the exam result document (YÖS, SAT1, ACT, etc.) (sealed by the relevant authorities),
(6) Students, who have the right to register to the departments of Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Vocational School of Health Services, Akdağmadeni Vocational School, Sarıkaya Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation, must have a Health Board Report to continue courses (it must be taken only from full-fledged state hospitals and medical school hospitals.)
(7) The bank receipt indicating that the contribution / tuition fee has been paid to the respective bank,
(8) Candidates who have taken Foreign Language Education programs or compulsory preparatory programs must have the original copy of internationally valid Foreign Language -Turkish proficiency certificate approved by Turkish Embassy or Consulate in candidate's country,
(9) Turkish language proficiency certificate or diploma at C1 level (these documents must be approved by Bozok TÖMER),
(10) According to this directive, those who hold the citizenship of The Republic of Turkey and must have a certified document which shows that they have completed all of their high school education abroad. (A certified document from the graduated school or a transcript covering the entire duration of the study should be obtained.),
(11) GCE AL exam results: TRNC nationals (excluding those that have had their entire high school education in TRNC and taken the GCE AL exam, and have received education in a high school in another country between 2005 and 2010 and have taken the GCE AL exam),
(12) Certificate showing the identity information given by the state authorities in the register sample and nationality for those who are Turkish nationals by birth and have ceased to be a citizen by courtesy of the Ministry of Interior and their minor children registered in the document of expatriation, provided that they can document that they hold the Official Document for The Use of Rights defined in the Turkish Citizenship Law (Blue Card holders)
(13) Certificate of identity register copy for those who hold dual citizenship, one being Turkish,
(14) A photocopy of the passport with a learning visa and a photocopy of the residence permit obtained from the Provincial Directorate of Security, (the children of foreigners who have completed secondary education (High School) in Turkey and gained the right to start their education without a break can register with their current residence permit without seeking a study visa in their passport.),
(15) 6 photos sized 3,5 x 4,5 (Photos should be taken within last 6 months at the front face, and in a form that the candidate could easily be recognized),
(16) The amount of financial security to be sought for candidates who are eligible to apply to our university programs (a copy of the account book containing 4 times more the amount of contribution in the account to be opened on behalf of the candidate)
(17) Foreign Identity Number
(18) The applicants are responsible for submitting a document that they have been registered to Social Security Institution (SGK) within two months after exact registration. Otherwise, they will not be able to benefit from any health institution in Turkey.
(19) In the announcement made by the Rectorate Registrar’s the Website of Yozgat Bozok University (www.bozok.edu.tr). Documents other than the documents specified in this article may be requested in the registration or application.
Article 13-(1) The medium of instruction is Turkish at the university. Students who are registered to programs with Turkish or partially foreign language will begin their undergraduate studies in accordance with the results obtained from the Turkish language proficiency (diploma) or level determination examinations (placement test/exemption test at the beginning of the year) conducted by Bozok TÖMER. Each registered candidate must take this test. If the equivalency and approval procedures of the candidates with C1 Turkish proficiency certificate are carried out by Bozok TÖMER, the obligation to take the exam will be eliminated. (2) For those who do not have Turkish language proficiency, one year of Turkish education is carried out by the Turkish Language Teaching Application and Research Center (Bozok TÖMER). Students who do not succeed in the examinations they take as a result of this training will be discharged from our university.
Miscellaneous and Final Provisions for Student Rights
Article 14-(1) According to the principles of this directive, students who register at our university have the same rights and responsibilities like Turkish students. They can benefit from educational units such as classrooms, library and all kinds of social facilities and within the University.
Article 15-(1) In accordance with the principles of this directive, the tuition fee and the amount of contributions to be received for each year are determined by the university administrative board before the beginning of the academic year.
(2) Students can apply for voluntary insurance to the Social Security Institution within three months of the date of their first registration. For students who do not apply to Social Security Institution during this period, no more general health insurance registration is made during their education period.
Provision that has not stated in directive
Article 16-(1) In case of no provision found in this directive, the provisions of the Yozgat Bozok University Associate Degree and bachelor’s degree Education and Exam Directive and related regulations apply.
Article 17- Bozok University directives for Admission of International Student to Graduate program which was approved by the University Senate dated 11/02/2010 and numbered 02 was repealed.
Article 18- This Directive is effective as the date it was approved by the Yozgat Bozok University Senate.
Article 19- Yozgat Bozok University Rector executes provision of this directive.